SLIG 2022 Health and Safety Policy
We are optimistic that the pandemic situation continues to improve, and respect your need to know how SLIG will function as the nation begins to reopen. As most other states have done, Utah has lifted their restrictions on large meetings and continues to move forward.
Our top priority is the safety and health of SLIG attendees and instructors. In determining policies that will be in effect seven months from now, we find ourselves without a crystal ball. Therefore, we have elected to take a conservative approach to ensure safety for all. These policies will be in effect in January, regardless of additional lifting of mask requirements. If local and/or national policies become more restrictive, the more stringent policies will apply.
The health policies for SLIG 2022 are as follows:
- If you are vaccinated, masks are optional in the classrooms, shared SLIG areas, and the SLIG Shuttle; otherwise, masks are required. Because we value your privacy, vaccination documents will not be required.
- We encourage you to wear a mask if you have a compromised immune system or any upper-respiratory symptoms regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are ill or have had a recent exposure (while unvaccinated) to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please remain at home or in your hotel room, and notify your classroom monitor. They will get information to the SLIG Committee so we can address your needs.
- Instructors will not be required to wear a mask when presenting. If an instructor chooses to wear a mask while presenting and a hearing-impaired student is present, SLIG will provide a mask with a clear lip-reading panel.
- The Hilton will continue to do extra cleaning of high-touch areas, and hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the hotel.
- SLIG will provide hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, electronic wipes, and disposable straws in each classroom.
- Classroom seating capacity will be limited to no more than two people per six-foot table. Where space is available, additional distance between students will be provided.
- A small, private triage area will be available with a digital thermometer and a healthcare professional to provide assistance in gaining access to local health care if needed.
Participants will be required to agree to abide by these policies at the time of registration. SLIG reserves the right to remove non-compliant parties from the classroom, shared SLIG areas, shuttle, or events.
It is truly a delicate balance to ensure safety while recognizing the desire of many to gather together in person. We hope this provides a safe framework for you to comfortably attend. If not, we would encourage you to wait and attend a subsequent year. While we cannot require it, we highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance that fully covers tuition and travel to alleviate your financial risk in the event you experience an emergency or illness.
Disclaimer: SLIG is taking the above enhanced health and safety measures to protect conference attendees. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending the conference in person, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and SLIG disclaims any and all liability related thereto.